Paid Search Marketing Expert
Passionate PPC die-hard with a mind built for data analysis. A competitive workhorse obsessed with game theory who hates to lose. Proven ability to self-start, with an insatiable hunger for knowledge.
- Paid Search 100% 100%
- Google Display 75% 75%
- A/B Testing 100% 100%
- PPC Analysis 100% 100%
- PPC Bidding Strategy 100% 100%
- Forecasting 91% 91%
- Copywriting 80% 80%
- V LookUP 100% 100%
- Pivot Tables 93% 93%
Attention to Detail
SENIOR PAID SEARCH SPECIALIST
Ziff Media Group | April 2019 – Present
- Oversee a team responsible for campaign management, new campaign prospecting & creation, and growth across verticals including credit cards (creditcardsexplained.com), “best” product recommendations (through best.offers.com), and tech products & services (pcmag.com)
- Directly manage and lead a team of 2 employees
- Directly involved in team recruiting efforts including candidate interviews (in person)
- Responsible for email acquisition strategy and execution across Ziff Media portfolio of websites including, Offers.com, PCMag.com, Mashable.com, and AskMen.com
- Expand and evaluate paid search marketing offering, (YouTube, email acquisition, display based remarketing)
- Drive new business growth by evaluating assets and testing new paid search strategies to monetize on a portfolio of brands.
- Google Ads
- Microsoft Ads
- Google Analytics
- Search & Display Based Remarketing
- Manage third-party remarketing campaigns through Criteo
- Create, test and evaluate SleekNote modals to drive email growth
- Test & evaluate Google’s “smart bidding” including tROAS & tCPA strategies
- Competitive research (SEMrush) & Keyword Research (Google Keyword Planner)
- Directly test & evaluate services offered by 3rd parties to enhance business offerings
- Lead analyst on sales calls with key business partners
PAID SEARCH SPECIALIST
Ziff Media Group | April 2018 – April 2019
PAID SEARCH ASSOCIATE
Ziff Media Group | March 2016 – April 2018
PHOENIX CAR RENTAL | September 2015 – March 2016
- Recognized inefficiencies in the previous account and restructured AdWords campaigns based on PPC Mastery Course best practices
- Managed and optimized $15,000/month ad spend account
- Lowered average CPC by 17%, while improving position by 30% Year-over-Year
- These efforts were responsible for the best revenue year in the business’s 45-year history
NATIONAL SALES - SENIOR FRANCHISE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
YELP | March 2015 – November 2015
YELP | February 2013 – March 2015
My two and a half years’ experience in sales with Yelp allowed me to build the skills to communicate effectively with my current internal sales team as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of my merchant clients.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Arizona State University
PPC Mastery Course
Google AdWords Certified
Excel at Excel: Getting Down the Basics
Advanced Excel: Beyond the Basics
Introduction to Data Science Workshop
Max’s Profound PPC Pontifications
Yes! Your Landing Page Matters!
Drill Baby, Drill!
From Good to Great
Do Not Walk Away!
Are You Asking the Right Questions?
“Working with Max restored our faith that there really are people in the paid ad business that want to help you make your business better and not just grab your cash. He is the trifecta: A man with integrity, industry, and knowledge. For years before Max got involved in our account, our AdWords were costing us more money and returning fewer and fewer quality clicks. Within a week of his revisions to our account, we immediately noticed the difference in the calls we were getting. The truth is, because of Max’s efforts, we’ve had to increase our fleet, and still cannot meet the demand. He absolutely changed our business. He is driven and honest, and we cannot recommend him highly enough.”